Owing to our current lifestyles, these stomach aches can be due to various reasons like acidity, indigestion, stress, constipation, food intolerance and as such. All that you want at this point is to feel better as early as possible to carry on with your day-to-day tasks. The last thing you would want to do is eat something that makes it worse. Also, it is recommended to keep your diet simple, during these periods.However, there are certain foods that exist right in your kitchen, which are proven to be a quick and healthy cure for all your stomach ailments. These foods give you the right nutrients to soothe your stomach pain. (If your upset stomach is accompanied by a fever, prolonged diarrhea or other persistent symptoms, see your doctor to rule out a more serious illness)
- Bananas: They are the easiest to digest, and also are a good source of potassium; which is an important mineral that you lose if you have diarrhea or have been vomiting.
- Curd/ Yogurt: Probiotic in nature, thus helps to restore the balance of an uneasy stomach. It contains the good bacteria that will help to maintain gut integrity.
- Rice and Potatoes: Having starchy foods like rice, potatoes and oats can ease the symptoms of stomach pain. It helps in adding bulk to your stool. It coats the lining of the stomach, eases digestion and has an overall calming effect.
- Cumin Seeds: They inhibit smooth muscle contractions, thereby helping in calming the stomach.
- Turmeric: Due to its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory property turmeric can be used to ease up an upset stomach.
- Ginger: An ancient remedy that helps in preventing nausea. It is anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory in nature. It also helps in the production of “bile,” a fluid which helps with the digestive aid.
- Coconut Water/ Water: Drinking loads of water are also found to be helpful in treating an upset stomach as it is very important to stay hydrated also it relieves bloating. Coconut water contains natural sugar to provide calories as well as electrolytes, such as potassium. It also contains vitamin C. Also, you can squeeze in a lemon in warm water to flush out your system and aid digestion.
Some best combination
- Curd rice
- Smoothie made from curd/yogurt-like banana cocoa smoothie
- Mashed potato
- Cumin and jaggery water
- Ginger tea
- Coconut water with chia seeds or subza seeds
- Turmeric with honey