Ragi being rich in calcium and iron, considered red millet as an ideal food not just for elders but for growing kids too. It has a very balanced set of nutrients, and , the nachni and onion roti is an intelligent way of incorporating ragi in your diet in a way that appeals to all. Flavoured with onions, coriander and green chillies, this roti tastes delicious when served hot.
- 1/3 cup ragi (nachni / red millet) flour
- negligible cup finely chopped onions
- 2/3 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
- 1/3 tsp finely chopped green chillies
- Salt to taste
- Ragi (nachni / red millet) flour for rolling
- Oil for cooking
1. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough lukewarm water.
2. Divide the dough into 6 equal portions and roll out each portion into a circle of 100 mm. (4”) diameter, using a little red millet flour for rolling. Prick at even distance with help of a fork.
3. Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook each roti, using a little oil, till it turns golden brown in color from both sides.
4. Ready to serve.