A sumptuous dessert, made from broken wheat, that is light enough to be eaten after a heavy meal when you still crave for sugar. It will nourish you with energy, protein and iron.
- 1 cup Broken wheat Rava (Dalia/ wheatgerm)
- 1 cup Jaggery
- 1/2 teaspoon Cardamom Powder (Elaichi)
- 1/4 cup Raisins
- 1/4 cup Cashew nuts , almonds (optional)
- 2 tablespoons Ghee
- To begin making the Lapsi Recipe, dissolve the jaggery in 2 cups of hot water, strain to remove any residue and set aside.
- Heat one tablespoon of ghee in a pan on medium heat; add the cashew nuts and roast until the color changes to light golden. Turn off the heat and keep the roasted cashew nuts aside.
- Heat another tablespoon of ghee in a wide pan on medium heat; stir in the broken wheat and roast the wheat until it gets a roasted aroma and the color changes to golden orange.
- Pour in the jaggery mixture and cardamom powder stirring continuously until well combined. Reduce the heat to low and cover the pan with a lid and simmer for 10 minutes; stirring occasionally until the wheat is cooked to tender.
- When done the grains should be separate and not mushy and sticking together. Allow the Lapsi to rest covered for five minutes. Stir in the cashew nuts and the raisins to the above mixture and serve.