Have you ever thought the possibility of preparing such a creamy and luxuriant soup at such a low-calorie count! Thickened with a mixture of low-fat milk, this Pumpkin Soup eliminates the need for cream but retains the classic creaminess. A real treat for pumpkin lovers,and a must try for non lovers too this delicious soup has an enticing flavour and irresistibly herby aroma.
- cup red pumpkin (bhopla / kaddu) cubes
- 1/3 tsp BUTTER/GHEE
- negligible cup finely chopped onions
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper (kalimirch)to taste
- 1/3 tsp dried oregano
- 1/3 cup low-fat milk
1. Heat the butter in a deep non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
2. Add the pumpkin and sauté on a medium flame for 3 minutes.
3. Add 4 cups of hot water, salt and pepper and mix well. Cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 10 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
4. Remove from the flame and keep aside to cool. Once cooled, blend in a mixer till smooth.
5. Transfer the mixture back into the same deep non-stick pan, add the oregano and milk, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
6. READY TO SERVE.