A good steamed and quick recipe loaded with nutrients and protein rich with the combination of ingredients like moong sprouts and spinach. It’s a good option for breakfast and evening snack meal. specially for all Gujjus
- 1/3 cup sprouted moong (whole green gram)
- 1/8 cup finely chopped spinach (palak)
- pc Green chillies , roughly chopped
- salt to taste
- 2/3 tbsp besan (bengal gram flour)
- 1/3 tsp fruit salt
- 1/3 tbsp oil
- 1/3 tsp sesame seeds (til)
- 1/8 tsp asafoetida (hing)
- to 1 1/3 pcs curry leaves (kadi patta)
- 1/3 tsp finely chopped green chillies
- oil for greasing
1. Combine the sprouted moong , spinach and green chillies and blend in a mixer using a little water to a smooth paste.
2. Transfer the paste into a bowl, add the salt, besan along with ¼ cup water and mix well to make a batter of pouring consistency.
3. Just before steaming, add the fruit salt and 2 tsp of water over the batter.
4. When the bubbles form, mix gently.
5. Pour the batter into a greased thali and shake the thali clockwise to spread the batter in an even layer.
6. Steam in a steamer for 10 to 12 minutes or till the dhoklas are cooked.
7. Heat the oil in a small pan and add the sesame seeds, asafoetida, curry leaves and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for few seconds.
8. Pour this tempering over the dhoklas, cool slightly and cut into equal diamond shaped pieces.
9. Ready to serve